Permanent, Full Time, Sutton-in-Ashfield
Do you have experience of food service and preparation and enjoy a varied role?
We are looking for a Catering Assistant to join the Café at Romo. Family run since 1902, The Romo Group specialises in the supply of furnishing fabrics and wallcoverings to both the domestic and contract markets. For more details on The Romo Group, please visit: www.romo.com
As Catering Assistant your role will be to support the team in the Café. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the preparation and presentation of hot & cold food and beverages
- Ensuring a professional and polite customer service is provided to colleagues, visitors and suppliers
- Supporting the Head Chef with food and beverage provision on a daily basis, to include functions and events
- Working in collaboration with the Head Chef to ensure the quality of product and services provided, identifying opportunities for improvement
- Maintaining stock levels and liaising with the Head Chef to order new supplies
- Supporting the Head Chef in the planning and development of the catering department including equipment and services provided
The successful candidate will have proven catering skills with highly developed customer services skills. They will have experience of producing food to a high standard, ideally have a food hygiene/health & safety qualification, enjoy working as part of a team in a fast-paced environment, and have a ‘can do’ attitude.
Candidates will also need to demonstrate a flexible and methodical approach to their work, they will have excellent time management skills, with the ability to work efficiently and keep calm under pressure.
If you believe you have the skills and experience that match our role, please submit an up to date CV and covering letter demonstrating your experience and interest in this role. Please send these to email@example.com for the attention of the Head Chef.