Sales Associate - New York Showroom
We are seeking a dynamic showroom sales associate to join our team in New York. The ideal candidate will be self motivated, responsible and demonstrate strong communication as well interpersonal skills paired with a passion for the design and/or fashion related industries. Computer efficiency and a strong ability to multi-task are essential. Prior showroom experience is preferred but not a prerequisite.
Key responsibilities include working with interior designers to offer suitable fabric and wallcovering solutions for a wide variety of design projects, as well as every aspect of customer service, including answering phones and processing orders.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, profit share and a retirement plan.
Showroom Manager – The Romo Group
Design Centre Chelsea Harbour - London
ROMO, a leading UK design house and supplier of exclusive fabrics and wallcoverings, requires an experienced and confident Showroom Manager to join our busy London team.
Based in the prestigious Design Centre Chelsea Harbour, our flagship London showroom houses the exclusive collections from our six, diverse in-house brands. Our clients include Interior Designers, Decorators, Contract Specifiers, Furniture Manufacturers and end Consumers.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic person to join a dynamic, family run company to manage a friendly & motivated team in a busy showroom environment, where there is the opportunity to meet interesting clients on a daily basis.
The successful candidate will be experienced in managing a small team and should ideally have an existing network of clients & industry contacts. They will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the showroom, reporting directly to our Sales Director & Creative Marketing Director, both family members based at our head offices in Nottinghamshire.
A minimum of 4 years experience within the Textiles or Interior Design industry is required with the ability to focus on driving sales whilst providing an exceptional level of customer service at all times to both interior designers and end clients alike.
- Manage the showroom & staff, liaising with Head Office departments.
- Ensure the showroom & all product displays are beautifully presented at all times.
- Be responsible for all showroom refits for each new product launch, liaising with design & marketing departments to ensure displays are installed in time for any showroom events.
- Develop & maintain relationships with existing trade customers.
- Be proactive in forging relationships with potential new clients to extend the current network of showroom customers.
- Have a focus on sales targets, motivating the showroom team to be sales focused also, whilst promoting The Romo Group products.
- Ensure the highest levels of customer service are offered at all times, dealing promptly & efficiently with all customer queries.
- Entering sales orders & reserves on our computerized order processing system.
- Be responsible for managing sample stocks & re-ordering systems.
- Organise & oversee any ongoing showroom maintenance.
- Key holder responsibilities, including the ability to be on site in the event of an emergency.
- A flexible approach with a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude
- High end customer service with a proven sales record
- Excellent administration & communication skills
- Confident & outgoing personality
- Highly organised with good time management skills
- Able to multi-task whilst working in a busy, showroom environment
- The ability to motivate, inspire & develop a team
- A passion for textiles and interior design
- A creative eye for display, with good attention to detail
- A responsible, committed & energetic team player
- Fluent English (verbal & written)
- Computer literate
- At least 4 year's experience in the Textiles or Interior Design industry with experience managing a small team
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: Mon – Fri 9am – 5.30pm
Salary: Circa £30-34k, dependant on experience
To apply: please send CV & covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org